So Ryker is now 3 weeks old and we love him "tooo much" in Marley's words. Every morning she comes into my room asks where Ryker is and I say he is in his bed, she then says "oh he's really cute hey mom", yes marley he is " I love him tooo much" she adds its really sweet. She is good with her brother all she wants to do is kiss him and hug him. She is even doing good with not picking him up, she is not good with leaving him alone while he is sleeping she does not like it when he sleeps.
Ryker is such a good boy. He loves to be held a lot more than Marley did which isn't good cause when you have a daughter like mine that needs a lot of attention its not so easy when you have a boy that cries when you put him down. Ryker is a little piggy, he eats all the time and also thinks that when he is awake he should eat. Breast feeding is going better now that the mastitis is gone and I have the shield. They say you shouldn't use the shield all the time but he just doesn't latch on very well with out it and I really don't want to have cracked nipples like I did last time and I certainly don't want to get sick again so the shield has become my best friend.
I do not like adjusting to having an infant again and because Marley is up between 7 and 730 and Ryker eats from 6-7, I live in a constant state of no sleep. I am not looking forward to going back to work in 3 weeks it is going to hurt badly, but I guess i have to go back sometime I have a cabin to save for so at least I guess I have good motivation. Well thats the update for now. We go on vacation for 10 days on friday so that will be fun for our little family Marley is missing he cousins, Dave could use a break from work and I just like having him around all the time it will be fun to do nothing in Yahk.
I'm glad that breastfeeding is more successful this time around! I remember those robot days. Ugh. Every time I think about that, I want my tubes tied! Hang in there. It gets better, sort of.
ReplyDelete