Monday, September 15, 2008

She's here!!!!






Well after waiting 10 1/2 months Marley Ruth Johanna has joined our little family. The labour was good very quick considering it was my first. It was 12 hours start to finish with just 1 1/2 hours of pushing. Thank goodness the ultrasound technician was wrong about the baby weighing 8.2 pounds. Marley weighed 6.15 and was 19 3/4. She was just perfect. 9/9 on her apgar test and very alert right from the start. It was such a nice surprise to have a little girl seeing as Dave and I thought for sure it was a boy.

Right from the beginning she has had her daddy wrapped around her finger. As the nurse was doing her tests Marley was holding Dave's finger and staring right at him. He is such a good dad. We have been very blessed with such a good baby. She hardly cries and she sleeps very good at night. Even though this weird sleeping pattern is new to me I can't complain I get about 5- 7 hours of sleep at night. Motherhood is such a blessing and I'm so happy for such a beautiful little girl that is healthy and strong.

4 comments:

  1. She is the sweetest thing ever! So cute. I need to come visit her again. I bet she's changed already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS Delaine and Dave!!! She's finally here! She looks absolutely adorable, i can't wait to meet her. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!! I was waiting for your update! Congrats to both of you...what a doll! Wow the technician was 2 lbs off..lol...good thing for you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure enjoyed holding her and visiting with you all last night. See you at the baby shower!

    ReplyDelete