Monday, December 22, 2008

2008 what a year!

I like this time of year it makes me reflect on the good and the bad of the year and think of what changes I would like to make to my life for 2009. So lets look back......... this time last year Dave and I found out that we were pregnant wow that was a blast what a great Christmas present. January- March were quite uneventful sleeping all the time cause I was quite exhausted. I was quite busy getting the house ready to put on the market. April started with Dave and I moving out to BC for a job at the campground leaving our house in the hands of our Realtor to sell. Well once we were there we realized by May that this job was not going to work out but were thinking we could stick it out for the summer. By June we knew that that would not do and came home to our house that thankfully did not sell. Dave got a job at arpis one day after we got back which was a great blessing, and me being huge with our bundle of joy but still a long way to go couldn't do much but stay at home. Nothing crazy happened until mid August when my due date came and went much to my disgust. By the I was just massive with sever water retention and a belly that looked like I was carrying twins. After being 10 days over due (yuck) the waiting game began with the hospital. While Dave and I were building a deck ( yes I was actually helping hammering nails and holding wood belly and all) we got the call we were waiting for, for days. Finally 13 days over due out came our daughter Marley so cute. Dave and I were smitten she has brought great joy in our lives. In November I started working again driving school bus. December has just flown by and I can't believe that its almost over. Marley is much more interactive and is so much more fun she loves her jumperoo and laughing at her Daddy and Mommy.
Looking back I have realized that the Lord has been watching out for us and has reassured to me that things all happen for a reason and He does have our best interest at heart. As much a I was excited to go to BC I'm really glad to be in Calgary close to my family. I'm so grateful for my family big and small I have such a great husband and a beautiful daughter. I have been blessed so much this past year. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. It has been a busy year for you two! I really enjoyed reading your reflection. I hope you have a Merry Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it has been quite a year hasn't it. I'm really glad that you are back in Alberta and I get to see that cutie. You are a great Mom Delaine and you and David are really blessed to have a sweet little girl. David is a great son-in-law and the best huisband for you. Happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is time for another update and some photos.
    Love,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete