Thursday, September 23, 2010
So Cool
So I have recently heard of a new way to train you kids how to ride a bike. Really its not that new people have been using it for years in Holland but its new to me. They are called runners bikes. So you have a bike that's made of wood and has a very low centre of gravity, they also have pedals. The idea is that you have this bike that you scoot with your feet to get going the you lift you feet as you are moving and glide getting your balance. After a month or so of doing this your child gets good with the balance they need in order to ride a real bike. I think it is ingenious. I saw the idea working at the land. the was a 3 year old boy who's dad took off the pedals and he had to scoot. After 3 weeks of using the bike the dad put the pedals on and he was able to go on a bike after a few tries. I think its a great idea and so want one for Marley especially for next summer. They sell them a MEC but I saw them on eBay for about $90. Plus I think they are really cute. check them out at www.runners-bike.com They have a really cute princess one and a cool one with a wagon I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment