Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bad Hair Days


My little girl HATES her hair being done. I can totally understand I remember hating my hair done too but my mom would still do it. The whole time I brush Marey's hair she cries ouch over and over again. And really the only time I can brush it is after a bath when its wet and conditioned. If I try to do it when its dry she runs away and say "no brush hair." Heaven forbid if I try to do anything more to it like put it up. She always looks like a scrag-a-muffin. Another side to it is that honestly I really don't know how to do hair. I know how to do the basics like pony tails, pigtails and the basic braid but I don't know how to do anything cool like french braids or other stuff. How an I ever going to practice to when I have a girl that wont let me do try. I know she is still really young but her hair is getting really long and is constantly in the way. How did other people figure out how to do that stuff, I could never figure it out on myself let alone someone else? As a Mom of a girl I'm a little baffled. I loved my Mom french braiding my hair. Help how can I figure this out and how can I practice on a very unwilling person?

2 comments:

  1. This might sound corny, but if you practice on barbies it can make a big difference. I used to be the same as Marley... I hated having my hair done, but now I love it. I played a lot with barbies growing up and eventually wanted my hair done 'like barbie'... you can always practice on me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna was like that and Lily is too! It is very frustrating. I was a mean mom, and held Anna down, when bribery and threats didn't work. Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete