Saturday, January 1, 2011

holiday season

We had a great Christmas this year. It sure is fun having a kid to help make it a little more special. Last year for Christmas Marley was 15 months and didn't totally get what was going on. This year on the other hand she totally got into the swing of things. From helping to put up the tree to our advent calender she was right in there. We even went to see Santa which she thought was a totally fun thing. On Christmas eve we even put out cookies and milk and left a thank you note for Santa and of course Santa wrote back. Opening presents was more fun this year too. She wanted to open everyone presents. My Mom and Dad came over to and we had a great time. From waffles for breakfast and subs for lunch with Chandelle and Mike we had a blast. We even cracked open the Xbox Kinect and played games. Boxing day was our traditional family dinner with the family, and with the dance game for kinect we were very entertained.
New Years was also just as fun. Chandelle and I got together and we made homemade egg rolls an chicken wings. The kids had fun playing and Marley even made it to 12am without any breakdowns. Dave and I had gotten the dance game so it was a dance party in our own living room. Man do I ever have a hard time staying up that late it was rough.
I'm excited for the New Year I don't see many new changes in the future besides the new addition to our family. But I hope that we will continue to grow closer as a family and will be able to have even more fun than we did last year and as Marley continues to grow and progress that we will see her really blossom into the little girl she is becomming.
I hope everyone had a great holiday season and I hope that the New Year will be awesome for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment