Sunday, March 2, 2008

Moving Stinks!!!

You know if it weren't for the excitement of a new start I don't think anyone would move. With the amount of work and planning needed to make a move work it leaves a person physically and mentally exhausted. This is the state I am in right now. We are finishing the renos that are needed to put our house on the market and to get the price we want. Quite frankly I'm hating it. I think the worst part is the painting in the last 3 weeks I have painted almost 2000 sq ft. And that's more than one coat. I hate painting! If I never see another paint brush or roller again it would be too soon. The worst part is all this work is for someone else. Well at least the end is near and by the end of this week our painting will be done, all the trim will be up and and the hardwood will be laid. Yahoo!!! the only thing is the cleaning. But I can finally see the light of the end of the tunnel, and relief is setting in. I do want to say that Lisa Dunham is my hero I definitely couldn't imagine doing this just before I gave birth with a big tummy mine is already getting in the way and I'm barely showing. So to all the people that have done this before me my hat is off to you, You Rock!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hate moving too. Hopefully the house you buy has had the same amount of TLC put into it as you are putting into yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA you are funny Delaine! And my feelings exactly! Im so DONE moving. But have to say...I had SOOOO much help moving...I never would have survived the move without them! To them..I take off my hat!! Hang in there..it will all be worth it. Also..are you interested in cord blood banking? We registered to do it...but due to the scary delivery the cord blood could not be collected. So I have a certificate that covers the registration fee that has to be used in the next year..if you are interested you can have it.(No..I will not be using it!This oven is closed!!) You would then be responsible for the yearly storage fee. http://www.healthcord.com/about.php
    something to think about...just let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - moving does stink - I have moved way to many times in the last 5 years - had hoped I was done - but I think I may be moving yet again. ARGH.

    ReplyDelete