Saturday, April 12, 2008

The update!!!!!

So we've been doing our job now for 2 weeks and we are getting into the groove of things. I've been trying to wrap my brain around all the computer stuff and learning how to work office pro and do the invoices. There is so much to it and I don't want to mess it up. But I am getting better at it. Dave is doing little piddly jobs just trying to keep himself busy long enough for the snow to melt so they can get going on putting the services in. Thankfully the weather has been in our favour for the most part this last week that I have seen a major improvement on the snow melting and we are hoping that it will be gone by the end of this week but who knows.
So after a long trip for our cats that hate the car they have finally settled in our new place. Taz the one we were worried about the most settled in the best and Sly who we thought would be the best to adjust took about a day to get in the groove of things. He just hid in our closet a wouldn't come out. He wasn't sure until we put up their house and then he knew it was ok. He has been pretty good minus the fact that he likes to cry at our door at 2 am every night until Dave yells at him and tells him to go back to sleep. Sometimes he likes to continue the noise at 4am also. It gets very annoying. Other than that the boys all seem well adjusted and we haven't heard any mice since they came so they are doing their job.
Things are going good It is sure a different lifestyle out here, way more laid back and easy going. It sure is nice to have Dave come home for breakfast lunch and dinner opposed to him working till 7 at night 6 days a week. And although I miss my friends and especially my family I like it in BC. I can't wait till Chandelle comes out in 2 weeks, it is not the same just calling her every couple of days considering we talked pretty much everyday even more than that sometimes and hung out a couple times a weeks. It will also be nice when Mom comes out for the summer to I'll get to see more of her than I did last summer working all the time.
So that's the update and hopefully things will continue to stay good. I miss everyone in Calgary but sure do not miss Calgary. Can't wait till the house sells so we can get a house in Cranbrook and start a life here for good cause I sure do not want to come back to that rat race.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that you have mice. Thank heavens you have the boys and glad they are doing their job.

    ReplyDelete